Writing your resume doesn’t have to be hard!
If you are enrolled in medical assistant school, it won’t be long before you need to write your new resume. You will be so proud when you graduate from your program, and your resume is the perfect place to show off your accomplishments.
If you’re having trouble getting started, try looking at the sample medical assistant resume below. While you shouldn’t copy the resume, you can use it to get an idea of the format and content of a typical resume.
And don’t forget to visit your Career Services office. The advisors are happy to help you improve your resume and make it the best it can be.
Sample Medical Assistant Resume
Traci Greene, Medical Assistant
333 Walnut Street – Orlando, FL 32809
Cell: 407-XXX-XXXX – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trained professional medical assistant with strong work ethic seeking a medical assistant position where I can use my clinical skills to benefit a medical office and the patients it serves
– Blood pressure
– Vital signs
– Medical terminology
– Medical history
– Phlebotomy/blood draw
– Good rapport with patients
– Medical billing and coding
– Renewing prescriptions
– MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook
– CPR and First Aid though the American Red Cross
– [Name of organization where you earned your certification]
General Hospital, Orlando, FL – February 2016 to May 2016
Medical Assistant Extern (unpaid)
– Served as a medical assisting for a XXX-hour externship
– Updated patients’ electronic health records under supervision
– Measured patients’ vital signs
– Assisted with organizing inventory
– Learned appointment scheduling software
Wendy’s Restaurant, Orlando, FL – September 2012 to March 2015
Cashier and Customer Service
– Served about 150 customers each day
– Handled customer complaints with professionalism
American College of Medical Careers, 2015-2016
Medical Assistant diploma, May 2016
-XXX-hour program, including lab work and clinicals. Completed with 3.6 GPA.
Central High School, Orlando, FL
Marley Jacobs, Medical Assistant Instructor, American College of Medical Careers, Phone: 407-111-1111
Danine Johnson, Supervisor of Externship, General Hospital, Phone: 407-111-1111