Have you considered a career in the rapidly developing field of dental technology? Do you enjoy teamwork and educating others on how they can best take care of themselves? Then you should consider going to a dental assistant school at ACMC. Our Dental Assisting program can provide you with the education you need to become a professional dental assistant.
Dental Assisting Program in Orlando, FL
Dental assistants play an important role in helping a dentist's office function efficiently. They provide services to patients to help them look and feel better. They assist dental hygienists and dentists during procedures and help keep patients comfortable in the dental exam room.
What do Dental Assistants Do?
- Ensure the well-being of patients
- Prepare patients for dental exams and procedures
- Clean and sterilize dental instruments
- Hand instrument to the dentist during procedures
- Educate patients on proper oral hygiene
- Take x-rays of patients' teeth
- Complete lab tasks under the direction of a dentist
- Maintain patient dental records
Based out of Orlando, ACMC's Dental Assisting with Expanded Functions program is designed to prepare students with a strong foundation in dental patient care procedures, dental theory, and office administration.
No prior training is needed to enter this medical career training program. All you need to apply is a high school diploma or GED. Consider applying to ACMC's dental assisting program if you enjoy being part of a team and improving the appearance, health, and wellness of others.
Not what you were looking for?
Check out our other medical career programs!