28 ways to feel the seasonal joy
Whether you celebrate Christmas, Chanukah, or another holiday tradition, feeling the seasonal joy can help put you in a better mood and enjoy the holidays with loved ones. You may have a busy schedule and a list of chores to complete before the season’s festivities start. Your may be preoccupied finishing up work projects or studying before you can fully relax and enjoy the holiday break. Remember to take time to embrace the simple joys of the holiday season.
If you’re having trouble getting in the holiday spirit, then we’ve got 25 steps that can help you embody the holiday spirit this year.
- Bake holiday cookies or desserts
- Enjoy a glass of eggnog, hot chocolate, or another holiday drink with friends
- Donate nonperishable foods to a local food drive
- Donate gifts to Toys for Tots
- Spread cheer by sending a letter or care package to U.S. troops through Operation Gratitude
- Plan an ugly sweater party
- Walk around your neighborhood or town to see the holiday lights
- Go caroling with friends
- Indulge in holiday arts and crafts
- Attend local holiday events
- Send homemade cards to local children’s’ hospitals
- Reach out to old friends and wish them a happy holiday
- Try a new holiday recipe
- Watch a classic holiday film
- Volunteer at your local nursing home’s holiday party
- Plan a holiday gift exchange
- Create a holiday playlist on Spotify or Pandora
- Play holiday-themed games with family
- Hand out holiday candy, like Hershey kisses or candy canes, to your coworkers or classmates
- Wish strangers a happy holiday
- Go holiday shopping
- Light yuletide candles or make holiday potpourri
- Decorate your house
- Wear an outfit that celebrates the holiday festivities
- Buy yourself a gift you really want
- Make a list of what you’re grateful for this year
- Spread positive messages on your social media accounts
- Create a new holiday tradition with your family
Browse through Pinterest and other social media sites to see what other traditions you can incorporate into your holiday itinerary. Taking time to appreciate the holiday season can help you create lasting and meaningful memories. The American College or Medical Careers (ACMC) wishes our students and staff Happy Holidays!
ACMC features student tips, health and wellness articles, and program-related info in our bi-weekly blog. Contact us to find out more about our healthcare training programs or schedule a tour of Orlando, FL campus today!