Writing a resume doesn't have to be as tough as a root canal!
Have you recently graduated from dental assistant school? As an emerging graduate, you will be busy preparing to search for jobs and gaining an interview with potential dental employers. You’ll be combing through online job boards and writing your cover letter and resume.
As a dental assistant, a skills-based resume can help you emphasize your skills if you have little job experience. A resume helps potential employers view your skills, education, and internship experience.
It can be tricky to know where to start or what details you should include as you write your resume. At The American College for Medical Careers (ACMC), we want to make the job search easier for you. Below we offer a sample dental assistant resume that can help you format, write, and organize your own resume. This guide can help you show off your professional and technical skills you’ve learned in your dental assistant training program.
If you need further assistance, our Career Services Department can guide you on the right path. Come into our walk-in hours to polish your interview skills, get job search tips, or guidance on your career-related goals. Contact us to learn more about our services. ACMC wishes you good luck on your job search!
800 Swansea Road – Orlando, FL 03103
Mobile: 234-888-8999 – Email: email@example.com
Trained dental assistant seeking employment with Dental Tech Associates. Skilled in proper dental hygiene, handling of dental instruments, sanitation and disease prevention, and chairside dental techniques. Passionate about dental health and education. Dedicated to providing compassionte and ethical care for patients.
Prepare patients for dental procedures – Sterilize dental instruments – Process dental x-rays – Complete lab tasks – Assist dentists and dental hygenists – Administer dental equipment – Educate patients on dental hygiene
BUSINESS SKILLS and COMPUTER SKILLS
Billing and payment systems – Bookkeeping – Schedule patient appointments – Reorder and restock dental equipment – Maintain and record patient records – Customer service – MS Office – Excel – Word – Outlook
Dental Assistant Intern (Unpaid internship)
Ostenburg Family Dental Practice, Orlando, FL – January 2016 to March 2016
- Met with 5 to 10 clients per day
- Maintained and updated patient records
- Discussed clients’ needs and expectations
- Prepared dental room and materials for each day
- Administered x-rays under supervision
- Stocked and reordered supplies
- Scheduled patient appointments
- Helped educate patients on proper oral care
- Handled billing for over 80 regular clients during the internship
Flannagan's Restaurant and Bar, Orlando, FL – May 2014 to January 2016
- Served 50-150 customers per day
- Reordered and restocked food supplies
- Received positive evaluations from supervisor
The American College for Medical Careers, Orlando, FL (accredited school)
Dental Assistant with Expanded Functions diploma, May 2016
XXX-hour program; XXX-hour internship placement
Sea Cliff High School, Orlando, FL
- Amelia Goldberg, Manager at Flannagan's, Phone: 222-222-2222
- Hunter Thompson, Internship Supervisor, Ostenburg Family Dental Practice, Phone: 555-333-3555